Although today is technically a Bank Holiday, time is dragging, so I’ve made a start on the list of ‘work to do during the holidays‘ from before Christmas. I’ve started with #4
#4: Set your goals for the coming year
- Earn 3,000 euros per month (36,000 euros/year)
This is somewhat incompatible with goal #2:
- Reach the auto-entrepreneur earning limit of 32,000 euros
So I guess I’ll have to take four weeks holiday. That’s ok. Moving on:
- Become a member of the French translator’s association
Which should be easy, but probably won’t be. Moving on:
- Have half a dozen major clients
That should be enough to keep me in business all year round without being overwhelmed.
- Do some marketing activities every month
This is either mailing brochures, emailing potential clients, or going to events.
- At the beginning of each month, set my goals for that month
- At the end of each month, record my successes (and maybe failures)
- Stop worrying about everything and enjoy the ride!
If this last one is the only thing I’ve achieved by the end of the year, I’ll be happy.
The mini-goal for this month is to put together an initial list of contacts for a snail-mail marketing campaign (see the things-I-don’t-want-to-do list of last month!) and to have a brochure to advertise the translation business ready by the end of the month at the latest.
- A New Year Begins – Goals and Objectives for 2012 (bbbros.wordpress.com)
- One Way of Setting Goals for the New Year (news.dice.com)